cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

3D plot of function in 3 variables

remslie
12-Amethyst

3D plot of function in 3 variables

I am trying to plot the acoustic mode shapes inside a cylindrical pipe. The equation is in cylindrical coordinates in attached Mathcad file. Any assistance would be appreciated.. Thanks Ross 

Pipe acoustic mode shapes.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Valery, Thanks for your interest and support. You certainly have some mathematical horsepower in your Team

Cheers

Ross

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

If we want to plot the plot a function of 3 arguments we must fix the value of the one argument and the plot the 3D-plot of the function of 2 arguments. Or fix values of 2 fhgument and plot the 2D-plot of the function of one argument.

See please

Tomography 

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:remslie)

Hi,

taking a cue from the file indicated by Valery Ockov, I tried to do the same things with Mathcad 15 albeit in a rudimentary way, see photo:

answer to remslie 1.jpg

Welcome to my students team!

Hi,

me among your students?!?! as a - male single over seventy - , I would lose myself next to your female students ...

My female students are very nice

Students.png

Youth is always beautiful. A kiss to everyone.

Valery, Thanks for your interest and support. You certainly have some mathematical horsepower in your Team

Cheers

Ross

remslie
12-Amethyst
(To:-MFra-)

Topaz,

Thanks for taking the time to assist.

Have a great day. Ross

In the book

Differential Models. An introduction with Mathcad

you can see texts about thermal waves

Why not about sound waves?

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:remslie)

Hi,

It's not a problem. Rather, I would like to point out that my nickname is "MFra" and not "Topaz". The latter is assigned by the community manager to indicate the rank reached in the community. For example, the maximum is "Sapphire III" then there is "Rubi III", etc., as you can see on the right of the desktop in "Top Kudoed Authors in 'PTC Mathcad".

remslie
12-Amethyst
(To:-MFra-)

Hi MFra, You have just taught me another "byte" of information to store in my aging brain.!

Cheers

Ross

Top Tags