cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

9x1 matrix

elund
5-Regular Member

9x1 matrix

Hi,

I am calculating COG of a stack of 9 elements. I want to create a 9x1 matrix where the first row contains cog of all element above element 1, row 2 contains cog of all elements above element 2 - and so on. I have solved this by making a 9x1 matrix and putting in the cog formula in every single cell. I do not like this because it takes up so much space and it looks quite bad. Is there a way of telling Mathcad that "i" should increase by 1 in each row such that my expression can be expressed in 1 line? Or is there another neater way of achieving the same goal?

Another thing could be that Mathcad will only show row 1 to 9, and that the other ones will be visible when I edit that matrix, but I can't find an option for that either.

1.png

4 REPLIES 4
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:elund)

There are probably a number a ways this can be achieved. You could use a For Loop which would reduce the space within the worksheet

Please post the worksheet.

Mike

Try:

g0.PNG

Alan

elund
5-Regular Member
(To:AlanStevens)

Thank you, exactly what I wanted

elund
5-Regular Member
(To:AlanStevens)

thought about it, but I only have express version, so I dont have access to programming features. I got what I wanted from the comment by Alan.

Thank you for your time.

Top Tags