cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

A 3D graph that is easily plotted in Mathcad 15, cannot be oppened in Prime 4.0 unless I decrease the number of points. Is it Prime 4.0 graphing power lower than Mathcad 15 yet?

rdelascasas
6-Contributor

A 3D graph that is easily plotted in Mathcad 15, cannot be oppened in Prime 4.0 unless I decrease the number of points. Is it Prime 4.0 graphing power lower than Mathcad 15 yet?

I converted a Mathcad 15 file to Prime 4.0, and one of my 3D graph cannot be plotted in Prime 4.0, the message says: "the number of plotted points must be below 40,000".

the only difference between the plot in Mathcad and Prime 4.0 is that, that I converted the one from Mathcad to Prime 4.0

the one in Mathcad 15 looks just fine.

Regards,

Rogelio

2 REPLIES 2

> Is it Prime 4.0 graphing power lower than Mathcad 15 yet?

Oh yes! Its much, much lower!

Once they promised to add better plotting possiblities in P4, but a while ago this was moved to Prime 5. So maybe a year from now we have a Prime version with plotting cababilities at least similar to 10 year old Mathcad.

I won't hold my breath.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:rdelascasas)

Ah, I see. According to the What's New guide provided with Prime 4:

"

Increased Number of Points on an XY Plot

You can plot up to 2,000,000 points per trace on an XY plot.

Release: PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0

Benefits and Description

The number of plot points for an XY plot is increased to 2,000,000 per trace. With

this increase, you can analyze a larger volume of data.

"

So Prime 4 features more plotted points for plots, but it's only for XY plots, not for 3D plots.

Luc

Top Tags