cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

A Reason for a missing-point ?

lvl107
20-Turquoise

A Reason for a missing-point ?

Hello Everyone.

I.PNGA Reason for a missing-point ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Loi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
12 REPLIES 12
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:lvl107)

Again and again and again and again ....

You always run into numerical inaccuracies! You cannot expect a 100% exact result when using the numerics with its IEEE format and its limited about 15 digits precision.

The numerics in your case thinks that the first value is non-real and so it is not plotted:

B.png

In the meantime you should already know what to look for and be able to find out things like that yourself.

Why don't you just use B2.png

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

I guess I don't fully understand above that, but a number with 30-decimal-digit It did show the point. And again : " I guess I don't fully understand above that " :

II.PNGBest Regards.

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Oh... so far I guess I somewhat understand about that, now the point to be shown but now I need help with a explanation.

III.PNGBest Regards.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

B.png

As you can see - the roots you have in mind are roots of DIFFERENT MEMBERS of that family.

Mathcad can't really deal with that kind of family of curves and "arbitrary" choses one, but not the same for every value of x you put in.

lvl107
20-Turquoise

And again and again, so far the MATHCAD is the best one to me to use. And I have only a bit of  knowledge and only about the MATHCAD. And I have not had any other Math software, but MATHCAD.  And to me, the MATHCAD make MATH very simplest. As my demostration, The g(x) = cot(x) + e^(x)*{ e^-pi - e^(-3*pi) } and my function is NOT equivalent.

Best Regards.

Loi.

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Now, anyway so far I still need help with a brief explanation about original question. 

Best Regards.

Loi.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

You don't understand that "your" function is not just ONE single function but its an expression which splits into an infinite number of different functions.

You have no control over which of the many possible functions Mathcad uses when you let it calculate g(-2) or g(4) but chances are that Mathcad uses different ones.

Hope the following will make it clear to you, otherwise I can't help

B.png

lvl107
20-Turquoise

For now , all words I have to say is I greatly appreciate your time and help.Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Best Best Regards.

Loi.

lvl107
20-Turquoise
lvl107
20-Turquoise

And : The  g(k,x) = cot(x) + e^x*{ e^-pi  -  e^(2k-1)*pi }   and   g_(,x) = cot(x) + { {e^x - 1/{ [e^(x*1i)]^1i} }*e^-pi    is NOT equivalent , EITHER :

V.PNGBest Regards.

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Now it's my turn to use : IVa.PNG

and :

IV.PNGThat's not root-point I wish to solve it.

lvl107
20-Turquoise

and I guess : "The world is not the world".

Best Regards.

Loi.

Top Tags