cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

A calculation of steam fluid flow pressure loss

ptc-4735478
1-Newbie

A calculation of steam fluid flow pressure loss

Attached is a steam flow pressure loss calculation.

I broke it down into three file. Please make sure your mathcad has internet access because

Thermodynamic Properties of steam flow is based on IAPWS-97 mathcad server . I really appreciate the authors effort

You probably has to rework the file reference in the "steam head loss PartIII " to point to the other file

the reference of viscousity calculation can be found in the mathcad file

The fanning friction factor is simply a find(f) of the colebrook-white equation thanks to the power of mathcad, dont we all love that?.

I would like the community effort to check the validity of the calculation (I only check a few result and it seems to be matching table/graph value of steam pressure loss)

You can go to "steam head loss Part III" to change the pressure, temperature and piping data. Feedbacks are most welcomed!

The file only works in (and hopefully it works):

0<T<800C, P<100MPa and 800<T<2000C, P<50MPa because that's the range of IAPWS-97

Thanks

BTW, I am struggling with my career and if anyone is interested in hearing me whining please send me a private message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

See please my calculation:

Loss-h-steam-eng.png

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

See here please http://www.iapws.org/relguide/viscosity.htm

Matcad on-line calcularion

Special for You I add the wspDYNVISPT function in my WaterSteamPro cloud function set:

Visc.png

See please my calculation:

Loss-h-steam-eng.png

Wow did not know this exited on your website, thanks!

let me compare the result.

henry leung wrote:

Wow did not know this exited on your website, thanks!

And where did you find out about these resources?

WHat "resources" do you mean? IAPWS? I learn about IAPWS through this community and the almighty power of google! There is almost nothing that you cannot find on google

But in Russian Google:

GoggleMCS.png

Mathcad 3.0 is released?

Unfortunately the USA google cannot find the mathcad server by "Calculation in Internet"

If I search "mathcad calculation server" in USA then I can find a ptc community discussion, from which I can find a link to your server.

But thanks to the almighty google translator I can understand Russian on your server now!

henry leung wrote:

Mathcad 3.0 is released?

Not yet. We will get it in sommer. I hope. I wort with beta-version.

Solution with templates of Mathcad Prime 3.0. See the discription in attach.

loss-p.png

There is a lot of formulas for this function...

But what is it delta!? How can we messure it!?

Template-Lambda.png

Actually I do not know ! There are tabulated value of absolute roughness of different piping material of NEW pipe...as the pipe ages/corrode/get deposite etc. ...then of course its roughness changes

I think you can do experiment to re-measure the roughness. But since we can only measure pressure drop as far as I know....it is like collecting pressure drop data and fitting a "rougness" parameter for what ever function you use to model pressure drop.

But maybe there are special way to actually measure "roughness"? Hope some industry professional can address your question. Besides, how much attention does the industry pay to the absolute roughness of aging pipe? Or they just pay attention to the pressure drop since this is the ultimate properties that impact $$$$$$?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

But we need (have) to design pipelines - someone is better then nothing!

See too

Mathcad 11 Server http://twtmas.mpei.ac.ru/mas/Worksheets/Hydro/La_De_Re.mcd

Mathcad 14 Server http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/MCS/Worksheets/Hydro/La-De-Re.xmcd

It is the region NaN on the function Lambda.friction(Delta, Re) - see above the template Friction-Delta-Re

Nikuradze spoons:

Nikuradze-s-spoons.png

Top Tags