cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

A horse to test your calculation skills with Mathcad?

DanMarotta
2-Guest

A horse to test your calculation skills with Mathcad?

There's a new puzzle out from the Mathcad blog to test your calculation skills. Check out the blog and problem statement and submit your calculation for a chance to win

http://bit.ly/kZLNFb

Good luck!

-Dan

7 REPLIES 7

There are dead horses in this forum (many about units!)

This contest will create more!

The dead horses meaning members who ask about units?

I like seeing how members are using Mathcad for different real-world applications.

Sorry, I had to hide your worksheet for the moment. I want to give other members a chance to solve without the temptation of sneaking a peak at your answer.

DanMarotta wrote:

The dead horses meaning members who ask about units?

I like seeing how members are using Mathcad for different real-world applications.

Sorry, I had to hide your worksheet for the moment. I want to give other members a chance to solve without the temptation of sneaking a peak at your answer.

Dead horses as in,"Any more discussion would be beating a dead horse!"--(No more benefit can be accrued.)

Thanks for hiding the sheet; I didn't see any way to submit the sheetposted in the blog . . .

Depends on where you are on the Mathcad learning curve. If you're just starting out with Mathcad or are rusty with units because your work does not call for it everyday, these discussions can be more than beneficial. To the resident Mathcad experts, I can see otherwise.

It's kind of hidden at the bottom of the post. Submissions should be emailed to - with the subject line "Horseback riding with Mathcad." I forwarded along your worksheet on your behalf. I'll also repost it once the contest concludes.

Dan,

Fred is talking about some of the debates on which definition of units are in Mathcad. Unfortunately, some of this depends on what kind of engineer you are.

Mona

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:DanMarotta)

Over the years we have had a few (this is an understatement) short (this is a gross understatement) discussions about units in Mathcad and their use in general.

Dead horses as in,"Any more discussion would be beating a dead horse!"--(No more benefit can be accrued.)

Don't worry Fred. I know exactly what you are talking about

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-1286-6326/DeadHorse.gif

Top Tags