cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

A problem: "Mathcad Application has stopped working"

Pumpov
3-Visitor

A problem: "Mathcad Application has stopped working"

Hello.

I have installed MathCad 15 on Windows 10 Pro 1903.

But I can't use MathCad because when running mathcad.exe I get a message:

MathCadHasStopped.png

There was no such a problem with MathCad 15 on Windows 7.

How this problem can be solved?

8 REPLIES 8
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Pumpov)

I have Mathcad 15 (current release M050) running on a machine with Win 10 Pro 1903 running without any problems. So it seems that the combination of MC15 and the OS is not (at least not alone) the cause for your problem.

I would suggest that you contact PTC support.

Pumpov
3-Visitor
(To:Werner_E)

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

I guess I can't help as I cannot duplicate that error. As already said it works for me in the very same OS version you mention. When I installed Mathcad, there was no need to install anything else separately.

Again, all I can do is to suggest that you contact PTC support.

One word of caution: You wrote

You should never edit the license file you get during installation. It includes a checksum and changing part of the file makes it invalid.

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

One of my corporate users is having this problem (out of hundreds), and I'm currently debugging it.  From past experience, Mathcad throws this error up when one of the pre-requisites is not correct; typically .NET 3.5 SP1 or MSXML 4.0 SP2.  M050 has been running as well as can be expected on W10 1709 and 1809.

Note, the installation for say .NET 4.8 also installs the earlier .NET 3.5 SP1 that Mathcad 15 requires.

There is also a KB article CS143792 that indicates that all previous versions of MSXML (2.0 etc.) should be uninstalled and eradicated from the drive and the registry before installing a fresh MSXML 4.0.  I'm trying this next.  I'll post back here if I figure out what's going on.

Jeff

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:JeffH1)

Well, CS143792 had the answer that fixed our problem.

Our situation was interesting because it was tied to a user, not the machine.  Others could log into the machine and Mathcad 15 worked just fine.  We verified that .NET 3.5 SP1 and MSXML 4.0 SP2 were indeed installed on the machine.  Here's the summary of the fix from CS143792:

Resolution

Pumpov
3-Visitor

Jeff:

I'll try reinstallation by your manual when have time (unfortunaly it will take at least 2 days). Thank you for your help again! It was the most kind of you!

Pumpov
3-Visitor

Unfortunately, the resolution haven't worked. The same error.

I guess it's better to install previous Windows 10 version on my Notebook.

Pumpov
3-Visitor

Jeff, thank you for your concerning.

I also had such problems like another versions of MSXML and .NET.

I also need to find how to clear the registry and find an appropriate versions of extra-applications.

Top Tags