cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

A server error occurred or the specified sheet name is invalid(mathcad15)

ssato
14-Alexandrite

A server error occurred or the specified sheet name is invalid(mathcad15)

Hello everyone,

I attached data file.

I have error that is "A server error occurred or the specified sheet name is invalid".

Previously, this error did not occur.
What is the cause?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:ssato)

I had no problem opening your sheet, but the cause for problems sure is the embedded Excel component. I had a variety of strange errors in the past when I was using this component and consider it unstable an unreliable. When I had to use an Excel table as input I used the READEXCEL function.

Its also not necessary (and overkill IMHO) to rely on a full Excel installation just to provide the data embedded in the worksheet as Mathcad provides the tables for that purpose (menu: Insert - Data - Table).

I copied the data from your Excel component to a data table, deleted the Excel component and resaved the worksheet. It should open without problems, I guess.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:ssato)

I had no problem opening your sheet, but the cause for problems sure is the embedded Excel component. I had a variety of strange errors in the past when I was using this component and consider it unstable an unreliable. When I had to use an Excel table as input I used the READEXCEL function.

Its also not necessary (and overkill IMHO) to rely on a full Excel installation just to provide the data embedded in the worksheet as Mathcad provides the tables for that purpose (menu: Insert - Data - Table).

I copied the data from your Excel component to a data table, deleted the Excel component and resaved the worksheet. It should open without problems, I guess.

ssato
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

Hello Werner-san

Thank you very much for your response.

Your attached file is no problem.

Top Tags