cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

About infix, prefix postfix operators

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

About infix, prefix postfix operators

With the operators provided by mathcad, can we create the math operators <a, b> = ...., [A, B] = ...., ect? it does not seem feasible. Do you agree?

Otherwise, I would like very much, see clarifying examples.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely F.M.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:-MFra-)

F.M. wrote:

With the operators provided by mathcad, can we create the math operators <a, b> = ...., [A, B] = ...., ect? it does not seem feasible. Do you agree?

No, I don't think it is possible ... except by visual overlaying tricks.   I've got a long, looonnnggg standing request for more mathematical notation support in Mathcad, including (but not limited to) Dirac bra-ket notation and function arguments as subscripts (eg, Ja(x ) rather than the programmer's notation J(a,x)).  Tree notation as a display option for nested arrays is another feature I've asked for (we've got a two-leaf input operator, but I'd like a multi-leaf variant as well).

I'd also like to have name aliases for operators (eg, add for +) to allow them to be used as function arguments (alternatively, to be able to press some key combination that deletes the placeholders and just leaves the operator symbol), eg, table(add,0,10) or table(+,0,10)).

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:-MFra-)

F.M. wrote:

No, I don't think it is possible ... except by visual overlaying tricks.   I've got a long, looonnnggg standing request for more mathematical notation support in Mathcad, including (but not limited to) Dirac bra-ket notation and function arguments as subscripts (eg, Ja(x ) rather than the programmer's notation J(a,x)).  Tree notation as a display option for nested arrays is another feature I've asked for (we've got a two-leaf input operator, but I'd like a multi-leaf variant as well).

I'd also like to have name aliases for operators (eg, add for +) to allow them to be used as function arguments (alternatively, to be able to press some key combination that deletes the placeholders and just leaves the operator symbol), eg, table(add,0,10) or table(+,0,10)).

Stuart

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:StuartBruff)

Thank you. Things, then, are as I feared!

Greetings

F.M.

Top Tags