cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Additional experiences with Mathcad Prime 2.0

Vibron(Updated)
1-Newbie

Additional experiences with Mathcad Prime 2.0

All my complaints concern large expressions and when worksheets are very expanded.

What bothered me in the course to develope my mechanical problem are

the following points:

The most important was the insufficient capability to mark large expressions at once.

Control +A works but was not ever wanted. Shift+click at the beginning and tracking  and shift and clicking and the end does not work

To mark expressions of 2-3 m in lenght can be marked only piecewise and copied piecewise.

A very boring work.

Mathcad dramatically slows down as soon as the worksheet enlarges and the expressions become bigger.

Deactivating great parts of the worksheet  will not accelerate Mathcad to work faster.

Derivating large expressions is very time consuming. Several times it did not work.

What has happened: Mathcad has not copied correcly.

For example. in an expression of 2 m in length I found  after several days instead of copying   sin(  )

I found  n( ) . The two charcters  si  of  sin( )  have been lost.  Derivating expressions of 2-3 m in length

could be done after  useing  the   "modifire"   simplify and lasted 20 minutes.

I assume internal storage areas are to small. One has to configurate these areas that multitasking is

possible, e.g. in the course of time Mathcad is controlling, and controlling and controlling I want to scroll

or copy or delete or scroll but it is not possible.

I work with Windows 7-64 and SSD 256 Giga, perhaps SSD  slows down after many writting cycles.

After deleting an expression scrolling is not possible for 2-3 minutes.

To copy large expressions is only piecewise possible.

Changing something in the middle of the worksheet lasts last 3-4 minutes. One has to wait, to wait,

to wait and so on.

I miss an error search algorithmus.  I have reached the limits of Mathcad :

At the end of my work I wanted to change some definitions at the beginning.  To enter about 40 characters

has lasted about 1 hour. Mathcad had nearly slowed down to zero.

Vibron

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags