cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Allowable/not allowable

rizz12
8-Gravel

Allowable/not allowable

hi, how to compare the results with the allowable stress? If the result is less than allowable stress,the stress is acceptable or else not acceptable. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:rizz12)

First you have to decide what your allowable and notallowable should be. If they should be variables you'll have to define them first - I replace them by strings of text.

Here are two ways to accomplish what you are looking for. The first one uses an auxiliary function and vectorization and the second one a program with a for-loop.

I include a very simple third one which gives you 1 and 0 instead of the text strings.

clipboard_image_0.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Obviously you forgot to attach your worksheet or at least a picture of the problem.

Or if you just looked for a more generic answer: You can either use the programmed if-statement to do so or the if-function (which is similar to what you probably know from your spreadsheet program).

i dont have much practice with the programming as i just started using mathcad. i have given some random values to find if its allowable or not.

Thank you

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

First you have to decide what your allowable and notallowable should be. If they should be variables you'll have to define them first - I replace them by strings of text.

Here are two ways to accomplish what you are looking for. The first one uses an auxiliary function and vectorization and the second one a program with a for-loop.

I include a very simple third one which gives you 1 and 0 instead of the text strings.

clipboard_image_0.png

thank you

Hi

"as i just started using mathcad"

I recommend you look through this primer.

https://www.engr.colostate.edu/ECE562/mathcad.pdf

Terry

Hi Again

Took a while to find this users guide.  It is for MathCad 11 but 15 is not too dissimilar.

Terry

The user Guide for MC11 was the last Handbook/Reference which deserved that name (hope its legal to post it here?). The handbooks of later versions were just part of it and now ... no handbook at all.

I never read a book about Mathcad but this User Guide was of invaluable help, as were the Mathcad help, especially the many quick sheets. And then of course there was the old Mathcad collab, the predecessor of this forum here. The collab had a significantly higher frequency with a lot more high-caliber participants - the most I know about Mathcad I learned from them (and by doing, of course).

Hi Werner,

The pdf of the mathcad 11 user's guide comes from an earlier post on this forum by someone else.

Terry

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Capture.JPG

Thank you

Top Tags