cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Animation embedding

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Animation embedding

Hello everyone!
How do I embed an animation in a Mathcad 15 worksheet?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:-MFra-)

The attached file, created in Mathcad 11, contains two embedded objects. The first is a small .WAV file, the second is a .AVI file containing an animation created from Mathcad 11.

When opening the .WAV from within Mathcad 11 (double-clicking the icon), it opened the windows media player, because apparently that's my (default) computer setting for dealing with .WAV files. When opening the .AVI file from within Mathcad it opened 'Films & TV', apparently that is my default. It complained it couldn't interpret the file.

I opened the .AVI file outside of Mathcad (from the windows explorer) as follows:

Right-mouse click on the file, select 'open with' then chose 'Choose another app'. Then I selected Windows Media Player and ticked the box 'always use this app to open .avi files'. Windows media player opened the file and played it.

Then I went into Mathcad 11, and opened the embedded .AVI. It now started Windows media player and played the animation.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Something like

Insert -> Object

then

'Create from file' and browse to your stored animation file.... ?

Success!

Luc

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:LucMeekes)

OK thanks! But when I launch the video, I am informed that "the format is not supported", what do you suggest I do to see the video once I have clicked on the icon?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

What type of animation did you embed?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Insert Object from File inserts a small pic and a link to the animation file. When you click the pic you get a window to allow opening the file and after that your default media player should start playing the video in its own window.

This is always the same for me, no matter which of the check boxes in the "insert object" window I check or don't check. The animation is never embedded in the Mathcad file itself.

Running an animation inside of Mathcad itself was possible in very old Mathcad versions but not in MC15, as far as I am aware.

Can you see who is throwing the error message "the format is not supported"? Is it Mathcad or your medie player? It may be that your default media player can't handle the very old codec which Mathcad uses when creating animations.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The attached file, created in Mathcad 11, contains two embedded objects. The first is a small .WAV file, the second is a .AVI file containing an animation created from Mathcad 11.

When opening the .WAV from within Mathcad 11 (double-clicking the icon), it opened the windows media player, because apparently that's my (default) computer setting for dealing with .WAV files. When opening the .AVI file from within Mathcad it opened 'Films & TV', apparently that is my default. It complained it couldn't interpret the file.

I opened the .AVI file outside of Mathcad (from the windows explorer) as follows:

Right-mouse click on the file, select 'open with' then chose 'Choose another app'. Then I selected Windows Media Player and ticked the box 'always use this app to open .avi files'. Windows media player opened the file and played it.

Then I went into Mathcad 11, and opened the embedded .AVI. It now started Windows media player and played the animation.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags