cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Another special Mathcad Excel Question

sm�ller-2
11-Garnet

Another special Mathcad Excel Question

Hey guys,

im there with another very special question because of my limited Mathcad Knowledge.

Now as following my last Posting i extended my Mathcad Loop and i think my Calculation is resulting in the results which i need to know.

Now as an short explanation:

The Input File for the Calculation is the Excel File.

Table 2 from D2-D33 are the input Parameters for the Calculation.

The Result of the Calculation is written in The same Excel File in row 51 and 53.

In Mathcad are 2 Calculations implementet.

1) Calculation of maximum axialforce with a given moment (marked as yellow in the sheet)

2) Calculation of maximum moment with a given axialforce (marked as orange in the sheet)

Now the first Calculation as seen in D1 is for calculating maximum force and momentum.

------------------------------------------------

Now what i need to know:

The next step is to perform a Variation Calculation with the scalingfactor as seen in C36 (applied to maximum force row 38 and 39).

-----------------------------------------------------

Example:

Iteration of maximum Axialforce:

Calculation 1) 0Nmm Bending Moment   ---> Result max. Axialforce from mathcad

Calculation 2) 48779Nmm Bending Moment ---> Axialforce 2

Calculation 3) 97558Nmm Bending MOment---> Axialforce 3 (lesser then Axialforce 1)

until max. possible Axialforce (here as example 975594 Nmm)

After that i can easyly draw a diagram....

So i only want to raise the Axialforce every step for the given Scalingfactor of 3 Percent or whatever i want to. (Initial Values in Row 32 and 33)

But the value should not be higher than the maximum possible axialforce and maximum possible bending moment as calculatet before.

Up to know i do copy and paste the input files.

Is there a better Possibility?

Would be great if anyone can help me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a new calculation you have to copy the input datas (D1-D33) to E1-E33 and write a 2 in E1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: This is an early Version of the calculation and i extended some parts. But it should be not relevant for the question.

I dont know how to perform the Variationcalculation best.

I dont want to copy and paste the same input datas 200 times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lacking of Ideas how to manage that Variation Calculations best.

I did copy and paste the input files 200 times but i ended up with input failures so i want to automatically do it with that percentual factor

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Lacking of Ideas how to manage that Variation Calculations best.

I did copy and paste the input files 200 times but i ended up with input failures so i want to automatically do it with that percentual factor

What also important is:

Which part is the resitrictet Part (Condition NOK_2)

Because this depends on the Input datas. Can be Flange or Bolt (Pipe implentet in an later version)

For Example from  Axialforce 1 to Axialforce 2: Resitrictet Part Flange

Axialforce 2 to Axialforce 3: Restrictet Part Bolt

Due to the Problem that the limitation is a function of axialforce and Bending moment i broke it down to only use the axialforce for showing the ranges.

Later it should look like this:

1) Diagram: vertical: bending moment; horizontal axialforce

2) Diagram: limitation ranges as written above

Hmm  Maybe somone has an better Idea or can give me Input

Top Tags