cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Any info on the $1B investment of Rockwell in PTC?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Any info on the $1B investment of Rockwell in PTC?

Is there any more information about Rockwell $1B investment in PTC available here?

I don't expect this to has big impact on the future of Mathcad (it can't get worse and I guess it won't improve)  but I wonder if the reasons  for PTC obviously needing this investment are also the reason for other things going wrong, like the snail-like "development" of Prime or the direction in which this forum developed.

See this press release of June 11th -> https://ir.rockwellautomation.com/press-releases/press-releases-details/2018/PTC-and-Rockwell-Automation-Announce-Strategic-Partnership-to-Drive-Industrial-Innovation-and-Accelerate-Growth

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

I guess if Rockwell invests big money in PTC, they must see some value in PTC.

Guess I am blind.

Luc

@LucMeekes wrote:

I guess if Rockwell invests big money in PTC, they must see some value in PTC.

Sure, and as I don't know anything about the portfolio of products PTC is selling, I can't judge. But I am pretty sure that Mathcad or Prime does not play any role in that game.

We Mathcadians get to see less than the tip of the iceberg.

I was just wondering what kind of financial condition PTC would be, if they needed such a cash injection and if this could explain the incredible incompetence they show when it comes to Mathcad/Prime.

Or maybe its the other way round?

Hi,

PTC have other products besides MathCad and Prime.  When you read the press release it is the other IOT internet of things product lines that Rockwell are interested in.  This means Mathcad 15 (superior to Prime) will not develop and Prime will remain second string.

Cheers

@terryhendicott wrote:

Hi,

PTC have other products besides MathCad and Prime.  When you read the press release it is the other IOT internet of things product lines that Rockwell are interested in.  This means Mathcad 15 (superior to Prime) will not develop and Prime will remain second string.

Cheers

Hmm, guess thats exactly what  I wrote in my two post above - Mathcad doesn't play a role in that game and development speed and quality of Mathcad Prime will not improve.

Top Tags