cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Anyone having issues with Mathcad 14 printing in windows 10?

nharris
1-Newbie

Anyone having issues with Mathcad 14 printing in windows 10?

After a harware upgrade, I've installed MathCAD 14 on a windows 10 machine.

Printing worked at first, but doesn't anymore. (Nothing appears at printer, and M/S print to pdf produces corrupt files; but other apps are OK).

Circumstantial evidence from the dates suggests that the Windows Updates KB3149135 or KB3163018 of 16th June could be responsible.

Has anyone else experienced this? (I've posted on the M/S forum too)

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:nharris)

What service release of Mathcad 14 and x86 or x64 of Win10 you use?

M020

Win 10 pro 64-bit

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:nharris)

1. A good alternative for standard PDF printer (like Adobe PDF) can be a "CutePDF": CutePDF :: Product :: CutePDF Writer

2. Try to install the latest version of .NET Framework 4.6/4.6.1 (link:.NET Framework 4.6 - Search Microsoft.com ).

3. Is there any chance for you to install the latest Mathcad 15 M045 service release (unless you allow it your license)? You can find it here: Thank You for Your Interest in PTC Mathcad 15 | PTC otherwise upgrade to the latest service release of Mathcad 14 M035, here on "PTC Software Download" section:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/index.jsp

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=MCD

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:VladimirN)

3. Is there any chance for you to install the latest Mathcad 15 M045 service release

A Mathcad 14 license will not work with Mathcad 15.

... unless it allow your license...

P.S. It has been earlier: Re: Mathcad 14 Graph "traces" internal error

Was Winodws!

I tried reinstalling Mathcad twice; 1st time no dice; 2nd time blue screen!

After windows had unatngled its nickers, installed some more updates, and recovered its composure, it started printing my Mathcad documents again.

Fixed!

Top Tags