cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Area inscribed by points ?

JBlackhole
16-Pearl

Area inscribed by points ?

to all

(Re-posting as I had some issue updating the original post)

I have go to sets of data points representing a cross section in an undeformed and deformed state. I would like to get the change of area descbired by the points. I have read the data in mcad and plotted them on a graph. So far so good.

I am struggling with the use of the cspline() and interp() and would appreciate some pointers

Thanks

JXB

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:JBlackhole)

You should have cross posted. You could have just posted the data underneath.

Mike

executed

Comment about Fred's comment, you don't need to rotate, can integrate about the y axis just as about the x axis.

Numerically integrating double integrals is very slow, because for every integration point of the second integration, the first integral must be numerically evaluated up to that point. That is a lot of integrations.

But, think of a horizontal strip dy high and with of b(y)=Right(x)-Left(x), and then integrate that.

Managed to integrate using a "rotated" approach. I am looking for a wa of posting the updated mcad sheet but under "Actions" I do not get the usual "Update post". Thanks to all for the suggestions

To post a sheet (or to reply only once) I have to "use advanced editor" in the upper right corner of the reply block.

Top Tags