cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Assign Symbolic Result to a Variable

rubenvillarreal
13-Aquamarine

Assign Symbolic Result to a Variable

Hello all,

I would like to assign the resulting vector to a variable but I do not know how to do it.

Thank you all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Better stil:

First solve your equation symbolically:

Then fill in the values in the variable list of the function r.p:

or:

Whichever way you like better.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

simply write r.p:= in front of your expression

THANKS!

Hello,

It fails at some point, notice how the expression is changed, I guess I am missing something very obvious. All variables were already defined.

Working with a range in those symbolics may be the problem.

See if you can separate the three symbolic solutions (I can read your file, but am limited to Prime Express = no symbolics), so:

create an x.1 for r.v=1, an x.2 for r.v=2 and an x.3 for r.v=3.

Success!
Luc

Better stil:

First solve your equation symbolically:

Then fill in the values in the variable list of the function r.p:

or:

Whichever way you like better.

Success!
Luc

Thank you very much!

This title fits my situation to a T, so here's a new challenge that really does need to draw the symbolic/algebraic results from a symbolic evaluation out and place them into a next algebraic equation... 

Here we are starting with 4 indefinite integrals that each get a constant of integration that must be solved using boundary conditions.  Then these constants need to be put back into the equations such that they can be solved numerically and plotted.

Not sure if there's a better way, but it works if you redefine V(x), M(x), Theta(x), and y(x) after solving for C1-C4:

Capture.PNG

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:MJG)

Also, you'll either need to move the redefinitions below your value assignments, or you'll need to make all the other variables be inputs of your functions.  For example, y(x,l,w0,E,I):=...

I'd prefer MJG's last suggestion.

Also its a little bit easier to make the constants of integration vector elements. Thats the reason I set ORIGIN:=1 as otherwise we would have to add a dummy element on top of vector C.

B.png

File in Prime5 format attached.

Top Tags