cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Automatic calculate on save

davidsnelling
1-Newbie

Automatic calculate on save

Why did PTC implement automatic worksheet recalculation on saving? It has caused me so many delays when saving large worksheets when I forget to deselect "automatic calculation". Is there any way to deactivate it? Are there other users who find this functionality useful?

5 REPLIES 5

You can disable auto calculation in general from the Calculation tab:

Untitled.png

Hi Roger I want automatic calculation in effect whilst I'm adding code. What I don't want is for the sheet to recalculate on saving. I don't think V13 did that certainly v10 did not. I don't see why anyone would want that feature and I don't think it can be disabled, but I amy be missing something.

Dave

Dave, you are correct. I just had a quick chat with development and was informed that calculating during save was implemented from Mathcad 12 through 15. There are actually some legacy reasons why that was done, and I can't say I agree with them. In any case, Prime now reverts back to the earlier days, i.e. it does NOT auto calculate upon saving a worksheet.

By the way, this thread may be of some relevance to you:

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/38421

Thanks Roger that was helpful. That at least is one advantage of switching to Prime once it has the same fuctionality as Mathcad 15. Mathcad 14 &15 are currrently the preferred option for our research group with one person using Matlab.

Dave

Top Tags