cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Automatic save problem

BiancaR
1-Newbie

Automatic save problem

Hi,

Mathcad close automatically but an automatic save has been created. Othewise, the file cannot be open, see the warning message and the file in attachment. The extension is good and the file is not empty (8646 ko).

Thank you for your help.

Bianca

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:BiancaR)

The file is corrupted.

Try to get support from PTC to correct this problem their application has created.

Otherwise (may be faster), use the last backup you made of the file that still functioned, and work from there.

Success!
Luc

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:BiancaR)

Hi Bianca,
let me give you some advice about saving files. Since even with the automatic saving, sometimes it happens to completely lose the file and all the work done, for some time, I save, daily, the file I'm working on, adding the date to the name. So every day I open the one of the previous day and at the end I save it by changing the date with that of the current day. I find myself very well compared to the past. The only drawback is that it takes up space on the disk. Currently I am working with a 20MB file the daily saving corresponds, after ten days, to 200MB of occupied space .....but this does not bother me...........In fact, if by any mistake, I lose the file, I always have the one of the previous day ....then, from time to time, I delete the older ones.

@BiancaR wrote:

Hi,

Mathcad close automatically but an automatic save has been created.

Mathcad 15 and below have an autosave feature for a long time.

But Prime?

I was not able to find an option for an autosave feature in Prime 5.

Am I missing something?

Top Tags