cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Begginer question for a system of equations

LucasL
2-Guest

Begginer question for a system of equations

8bdf4fb1efac5f6dab5948e1f2ad937eI've been trying to figure out how to use mathcad since I didn't have any lectures about it in my university and I'm asigned a task that says to solve the equations by using mathcad. Could anyone help me out?

I've pasted 2 photos of variables that we know and equations from which we need to find I1,I2..etc

4bc855e9e7c76f8c9d39002317f272e3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

9 REPLIES 9
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucasL)

LM_20180313_Kirchoff.png

With this example, you should be able to enter your stuff.

Don't hesitate to come back (reply in this thread) if you run into trouble with the use of Mathcad. In that case, attach your Mathcad worksheet file, not just a picture!.

You may have to zip the Mathcad sheet first. A serious bug in this forum often prevents from attaching a mathcad file. In Windows Explorer click with the right-mouse button on the mathcad file and select 'Send to' -> 'Compressed (zipped) folder'. The resulting .zip file can be attached. 

Success!
Luc

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:LucasL)

As Luc says, please post a worksheet. It's very hard to debug a picture.

Having said that, see those squiggly red lines under some of your units? That means they are undefined. For mA and kOhm (sorry, this sucky forum software will not show capital Omega for W in symbol font) that should not be the case. On the other hand, mS is undefined. If you want milliSiemens you will have to define mS:=S/1000.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RichardJ)

Those squiggly red lines are from Word's spelling checker...
Though one might argue it should know SI units, I can live the fact it doesn't.
Luc

Hi,

You have ten unknowns and ten equations.

You can use a solve block for numeric answers.

Please post you worksheet and I can show you,

What is the factor K used in setting up the known values?

Cheers

I've asked what I did wrong here, and the only thing was that I didn't describe unkonwn variables in my case. And yes, the pictures are from a word file. 
But now that I have an example and tried almost copy paste it to fit to my project I get an error with a command Find. The error is "This value has to be a function". I have no idea what to do again... Any tips? 
I'm attaching my worksheet

iprod.png

Ohhh... I'm sooo blind. Thank you very much!!!

I am glad to help you!

But I must say - better use the lsolve not find function for this problem.

See please 2 my pictures above!

Top Tags