cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Big Given-Find Solve block: all is good, but still 'variable is undefined'?

ptc-4693125
1-Newbie

Big Given-Find Solve block: all is good, but still 'variable is undefined'?

Hi!

I've written a large Given/find Solve block, and read previous answers to questions like this where intermediate steps were incorrect. Each of my intermediate steps solves fine, but the final Find() statement still throws the "This variable is undefined." error!

Would some kind soul possibly look at my sheet (attached) and see if they can find the problem?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Make appropriate parameters explicit functions of the variable you are trying to find. lt's also a good idea to keep your assignments and function definitions outside the Given - Find block - otherwise it's too easy to get confused. See attached.

Alan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Make appropriate parameters explicit functions of the variable you are trying to find. lt's also a good idea to keep your assignments and function definitions outside the Given - Find block - otherwise it's too easy to get confused. See attached.

Alan

Thank you very much Alan.

Make appropriate parameters explicit functions of the variable you are trying to find.

Top Tags