cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Bode Diagram Plot

ML2
4-Participant
4-Participant

Bode Diagram Plot

Hi, 

I am at my first steps with Mathcad, could someone help me to plot the bode diagram of the function G(f) pease

ML2_0-1586771800113.png

Where 

ML2_1-1586771858239.png

and 

ML2_2-1586771887754.png

Thanks

ML

11 REPLIES 11
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ML2)

Please first enter your formulae onto a Mathcad worksheet and attach that worksheet to your posting.

Success!

Luc

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi,

I randomly established the values of the constants.

answer to ML2.jpg

ML2
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:-MFra-)

Thanks for your answer but could you please explain how did you get the definition of the frequency range ; and some steps to plot the diagram as you did.

thank you,

Regards.

ML

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

You can define the frequency range taking as minimum frequency the smallest value among the absolute values of the poles and zeros and as maximum value of the frequency range, the maximum value among the absolute values of the poles and zeros. The step amplitude can be defined dividing the difference of the previous values by the number of steps. I have considered as a minimum value of the frequency Fz divided by a thousand and as a maximum value, Fp multiplied by one hundred. To have a larger diagram you can replace a thousand with ten thousand and one hundred with a thousand or ten thousand or even more, that is, they are chosen according to your needs.

ML2
4-Participant
4-Participant

i get the explanation about the frequency range definition, thank you 

Now trying to reproduce your same example in mathcad,i can't get the same diagram as yours. How do you do it?

I would like to learn doing it clearly as you do. Some tips please.

In the picture what i get when i plot the diagram with the same values.

Regards

Immagine3.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Please attach your Mathcad worksheet....!

Luc

ML2
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Bode.png

I just send the necessary informations to plot the bode diagram.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

By quickly double clicking on the graph, the following panel appears with all the options. You have to choose log scale for the x axis.

answer2  to ML2.jpg

ML2
4-Participant
4-Participant

I have MathCad 6 Prime installed on my pc, i can't access these functions to edit the diagram...it is about the program version?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

FIRST and before all: Attach your mathcad worksheet.

Success!

Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

As an alternative, to generate the logarithmically spaced frequency points, you can use the logspace function. Supply it with first (smallest) and last (highest) frequencies, and the number points per decade, gives you an array of frequency points. Like this (for 1 to 10 with 5 steps per decade):

LucMeekes_0-1586790551016.png

Success!
Luc

Top Tags