cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Bound a function on a plot of the same variable

jroth
4-Participant

Bound a function on a plot of the same variable

Hello again community,

I have another question regarding the MathCad program. This time it is regarding the bounding of multiple functions of the same variable. Please see the attached spreadsheet.

I have notated on the side what the bounds of each function are for when it is true. I can see that the functions look to be in the right direction for the problem. I would however, like a neat way to bound each function on the graph so that TL is just on the negative side and TR is only on the right side of zero. I'm not sure if this is possible in the given format.

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:jroth)

See attached for some ways to achieve what you want.

Basically you can use range variables for plotting to limit the range for every function individually or you use if-statements/if-functions (or maybe even the Heaviside step function) in your functiondefinition(s) to limit the function output to the preferred range.

Lookup "Plotting piecewise functions" in the help for further information.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:jroth)

See attached for some ways to achieve what you want.

Basically you can use range variables for plotting to limit the range for every function individually or you use if-statements/if-functions (or maybe even the Heaviside step function) in your functiondefinition(s) to limit the function output to the preferred range.

Lookup "Plotting piecewise functions" in the help for further information.

Top Tags