cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Bug of Laplace Transform of Step Function

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Bug of Laplace Transform of Step Function

image.png

The Laplace conversion of the step function cannot be converted by the new symbolic engine. P6.

7 REPLIES 7

Thats severe and ridiculous!

Here is a workaround and some "funny" side effects.

B.png

BTW, today I already noticed a few times that I am not able any more to embed pictures in postings here via copy and paste.

All I get after trying a few times are non-showing HTML entries (see below) but no pic. Is it just me or is anyone else also experiencing this problem?

<p>Here is a workaround and some "funny" side effects.</p>
<div id="tinyMceEditorWerner_E_4" class="mceNonEditable lia-copypaste-placeholder">&nbsp;</div>
<div id="tinyMceEditorWerner_E_5" class="mceNonEditable lia-copypaste-placeholder">&nbsp;</div>
<div id="tinyMceEditorWerner_E_0" class="mceNonEditable lia-copypaste-placeholder">&nbsp;</div>
<div id="tinyMceEditorWerner_E_2" class="mceNonEditable lia-copypaste-placeholder">&nbsp;</div>

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

@LucMeekes wrote:

me 2, see: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Copy-amp-paste-pictures/m-p/632256.

No answer there so far.

But at least now I know that I am not alone with this problem.

In the old Jive forum we could setup a start page where it was possible to configure a widget to show all posts from various place we would be interested in. This feature was lost when the migration to Lithium was done. So now I only bookmark the Mathcad forum and only sporadically and very rarely scan other subforums like the Community-Feedback. One additional reason for this is that frequency there is even lower than in the MC forum 😉

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ttokoro)

This is NOT a bug. The symbolic answer is completely true.

However it shows an incapability of Prime 6's new symbolic engine.

Success!
Luc

Of course, one can discuss this excellently, whether it is a bug or "only" just inability, if a software claiming to be a math software is not able to evaluate an expression like this. Some may perhaps call it a sham.
However, it is always better if the software just gives up, as in this case, rather than returning an incorrect result, as its the case since Mathcad 14 with various symbolically evaluated integrals.

Archie38
4-Participant

The time at which the step occurs need not be always zero, it may be other than zero. Now as per the basic feature of unit step functions, whenever the argument within bracket is negative, the function value is zero while it is unity when the argument within bracket is positive Dollar General Survey

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi,

More correctly you should write like this, even if nothing changes:

x(s).jpg

Top Tags