cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Building Structural Design - Single Span Beams: Shear and Moment

TudorMarin
1-Newbie

Building Structural Design - Single Span Beams: Shear and Moment

Chapter 1: Analysis of Beams, Part 3

1.3a.png    1.3b.png    1.3c.png

Description:

This application computes the reactions and the maximum bending moment, and plots the shear and bending moment for a single span beam, with or without end moments, loaded with any practical number of uniformly distributed and concentrated loads. The user must divide the beam into segments with each segment supporting a single uniformly distributed load over its length and/or a concentrated load at the right end of each segment. 

Next: Chapter 2, Part 1Previous: Chapter 1, Part 2     

2 REPLIES 2
justhumm
5-Regular Member
(To:TudorMarin)

I worked through / recreated this worksheet in MathCAD Prime 7.0.

For the M(x) function, I noticed that you need to vectorize it when plotting or analyzing a range of variables. Otherwise, the results were incorrect.

...what, between Prime 2.0 and 7.0, would have changed the way it's calculating range variables?

error.png

I see that you already have seen my answer here -> https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Simple-beam-analysis-moment-equation/m-p/920733/highlight/true#M209877
So you may consider closing that thread.

...what, between Prime 2.0 and 7.0, would have changed the way it's calculating range variables?

Nothing!

The pdf simply does not show how the plot was done - the axis expressions are hidden and the bold "M" you see is just a text field.

And its not about range variables - the variables involved are vectors.

Top Tags