cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Built-up steel columns of thin-walled elements

ptc-5090961
1-Newbie

Built-up steel columns of thin-walled elements

Hi guys, does anybody have some information about thin-walled cold-formed sections for built-up steel columns? The use of thin-walled cold-formed sections for built-up steel columns, calculation features?

7 REPLIES 7

Have you looked in the Documents section? Like:

http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-4192

TTFN

So no one has any information...?

Please find in attachemnt the following articles:

1. "Design of built-up cold-formed steel columns according to the direct strength method".

2. "Shape optimization of cold-formed steel columns".

3. "Research on cold-formed steel columns".

Thanks. First article is very helpful but I already have it. Maybe some good information will be in second and third articles. Thank you anyway

I note that you have to search for articles in the magazine "Thin-Walled Structures". Write me if you need anything from there.

Thanks. Maybe you have an article "Innovative cross-section shapes for built-up CFS columns. Experimental investigation" ? I couldn't find it. And everywhere only research articles What about some theoretics, description? Do you know where to find or have some conspectus?

Jonas Jonaitis wrote:

Thanks. Maybe you have an article "Innovative cross-section shapes for built-up CFS columns. Experimental investigation" ? I couldn't find it....

No.

Jonas Jonaitis wrote:

... And everywhere only research articles What about some theoretics, description? Do you know where to find or have some conspectus?

Should pay attention to reference material ("References") after the text of the articles that you are reading.

Top Tags