cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

CLR detected invalid program error MathCAD 14

ptc-5044909
1-Newbie

CLR detected invalid program error MathCAD 14

Hi there,

I want to run the sheet in attachment in MathCAD 14 (14.0.0.163 [build 701291152]) but get the error:

"CLR detected invalid program"

The file runs perfectly in MathCAD 13

Does any of you ave a solution?

thx,

ruben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If I create a generic sheet to test the while loop function (below), this works fine.

x <- 0

h <-0

while x < h

x<-- x+1

Obviously the error is thrown for more complex calculations only (memory, stackoverflow???) and it would be a tough job to find out which, I guess.

I did install a windows .net framework 4 update last week, could a MathCAD reinstall help?

Maybe its worth a try, I am not sure as I never encountered that problem myself. It could be that a .NET FW repair/install is more promising, though.

I just googled the error message you sent, gave the results a quick glance and reasoned it would be a .NET problem - no peronal experience (thankfully :).

One of the preliminaries (http://communities.ptc.com/message/19183#19183) for Mathcad 14 is .NET Framework 3.5 or later. I am not really sure about the "or later" but if thats true, you should be up an running with version 4. I guess you have installed the other preliminaries as well.

The Mathcad version you have 14.0.0.163 is rather old and quite buggy - I thinks thats the very first release, sometimes called F000. If you have a single user license you should be able to download and install Mathcad14 M020 and I would strongly suggest to do so. If you are an Enterprise user you should be able to download and install14.0 M030. Keep away from M035 (the latest maintainance release before MC15) as this version has a bad bug.

You may look here http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-2581

to see which problems had been fixed in which release, maybe you find something relate to the error you encountered.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I have no MC14 to test it with, but the sheet seems to work OK in MC15

out.png

Do you encounter problems only with this one sheet in that MC14 installation?

I am not sure, but it looks to me that the error message is thrown by .NET, not by Mathcad. So maybe there is something wrong with that MC14 installation, not the worksheet.

Hi Werner,

It is the only worksheet I have which gives this error. It is also the only worksheet with a while loop. If I create a generic sheet to test the while loop function (below), this works fine.

x <- 0

h <-0

while x < h

x<-- x+1

I did install a windows .net framework 4 update last week, could a MathCAD reinstall help?

If I create a generic sheet to test the while loop function (below), this works fine.

x <- 0

h <-0

while x < h

x<-- x+1

Obviously the error is thrown for more complex calculations only (memory, stackoverflow???) and it would be a tough job to find out which, I guess.

Maybe its worth a try, I am not sure as I never encountered that problem myself. It could be that a .NET FW repair/install is more promising, though.

I just googled the error message you sent, gave the results a quick glance and reasoned it would be a .NET problem - no peronal experience (thankfully :).

One of the preliminaries (http://communities.ptc.com/message/19183#19183) for Mathcad 14 is .NET Framework 3.5 or later. I am not really sure about the "or later" but if thats true, you should be up an running with version 4. I guess you have installed the other preliminaries as well.

The Mathcad version you have 14.0.0.163 is rather old and quite buggy - I thinks thats the very first release, sometimes called F000. If you have a single user license you should be able to download and install Mathcad14 M020 and I would strongly suggest to do so. If you are an Enterprise user you should be able to download and install14.0 M030. Keep away from M035 (the latest maintainance release before MC15) as this version has a bad bug.

You may look here http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-2581

to see which problems had been fixed in which release, maybe you find something relate to the error you encountered.

Just found in the release notes a bug which was fixed already in Mathcad 14.0 M010:

070406-194939 Program throws the error, "Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program."

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Jup, indeed, I already had noticed that one.

I got this version from the university and am running with a flex-license. You don't, by any chance, know where I can download 14.0 M030 (which works with the same license key)? (it's not in http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_downloads.htm)

thanks a lot,

The license should not be the problem, I guess, as any MC14 will run with your license. In the link you provided you can at least download M020, which will cure the problem and is a big step compared to the version you use know.

The get a later maintainance release you will go on PTC homepage (http://www.ptc.com/) and chose "Support" from the menu-line, then "Technical support" and then "Software download". You will have to login and be entitled to load software from there. As a student you probably aren't, but someone at your university should be responsible for the software and can download maintainace releases.

When I go to do so I am only offered M035 for MC14 for the different languages, but not the older releases (as I am with MC15). To get M030 it seems to be necessary to contact support personal, if possible at all.

The bug in M035 by the way seems to be some sort of memory leak. The software will stay in memory after the program is closed and you have to close it via task manager.

So probably its the most convenient and hasslefree solution to be happy with M020.

Oh so, I incorrectly assumed that, because MathCAD M14 M020 is denoted as 'single-user', it would not work with a flex license.

Did download and try to install M020 and everything works fine (one does have to enter the license file again manually with the license wizard). CLR problem solved.

thx

Top Tags