cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Calculation problem in MathCad Prime 2.0

ptc-1438640
2-Guest

Calculation problem in MathCad Prime 2.0

I'm having a problem getting a correct answer in MathCad Prime 2.0. I'm running a simple algerbra formula in which the answer should be 3.31, but MathCad keeps giving me 0.00. Is there some setting to force the program to give me the correct answer? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The calculation is correct! You must have used the wrong variables - see attached

Alan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Post the worksheet with the problem.

Alan

I don't know how to upload the worksheet.

Look at top right hand section of reply editor and select Use advanced editor. Then you can upload a worksheet using the facility at the bottom of the advanced editor.

Alan

Got it. Thanks Alan. Here is the sheet. What's weird is, I also input the data into MathCad 14 and got all zeros as well. This may turn out to be a "dumbass" error rather than a program error.

The calculation is correct! You must have used the wrong variables - see attached

Alan

Yup, just as I thought, operator error. Thanks so much Alan.

Alan, I'm starting to suspect this is some sort of truncation issue. I reran my numbers through another program and got 1.16. However, I still think MathCad should show that number and not zero.

Paul Gruen wrote:

...I reran my numbers through another program and got 1.16...

Please attach your worksheet.

Top Tags