cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Calling Functions in an included Worksheet

jmarshall
1-Newbie

Calling Functions in an included Worksheet

I have an application where I am using a master worksheet to call functions from several other worksheets. I have just found that if I call a function from an included worksheet which then calls another function from that same included worksheet it does not work and treats the first function as an undefined. Just to clarify I have defined several functions in my Analysis Worksheet, let's call them Function A, Function B and Function C. The Analysis Worksheet is included in the Main Worksheet above the call for all the Functions. What I am finding is that I can call Function A but when I try to call Function B is says that Function B is not defined. The only difference between Function A and Function B is that Function B calls Function C. Has anyone else seen this problem? Do I just have to work around this or is there some way to fix this?

Thanks,

Justin

6 REPLIES 6
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:jmarshall)

Justin Marshall wrote:

I have an application where I am using a master worksheet to call functions from several other worksheets. I have just found that if I call a function from an included worksheet which then calls another function from that same included worksheet it does not work and treats the first function as an undefined. Just to clarify I have defined several functions in my Analysis Worksheet, let's call them Function A, Function B and Function C. The Analysis Worksheet is included in the Main Worksheet above the call for all the Functions. What I am finding is that I can call Function A but when I try to call Function B is says that Function B is not defined. The only difference between Function A and Function B is that Function B calls Function C. Has anyone else seen this problem? Do I just have to work around this or is there some way to fix this?

Thanks,

Justin

I've just run a test with Mathcad M030 and I don't seem to have the same problem.

Have you tried repeating the test wih a simple worksheet pair, one of which contains some equivalents of your Functions A  and B?  If you still get a failure to recognize Function B, could you please post the worksheets?

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Could you post an example worksheet (or, I guess, worksheets).

So here are the files I am using. I am sorry to post so much but it would be a lot of effort to skim things down and still make it work. The Main Worksheet is where I include the worksheets and the Structural Analysis Worksheet is where I am having the problem. It is also a little unorganized at this point as things are still developing. Here is a link to my Dropbox where the files are.

Dropbox - MathCAD

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Justin Marshall wrote:

So here are the files I am using. I am sorry to post so much but it would be a lot of effort to skim things down and still make it work. The Main Worksheet is where I include the worksheets and the Structural Analysis Worksheet is where I am having the problem. ..

Unfortunately, I don't have Excel on my PC (OpenOffice instead) so I can't run your worksheet.   However, I've checked Prime 3.1 using a a pair of my own worksheets and I've successfully called referenced functions that themselves call other user-defined functions.  So, in principle, it doesn't look a generic issue with Prime.   Are the worksheets conversions from an earlier version of Mathcad?  If so, it may be a conversion error.  Have you tried calling function B inside its worksheet using some dummy test data?

Stuart

Stuart,

You can use "Apache OpenOffice" portable version. It includes word processor, spreadsheet, presentations with Microsoft compatibility:

http://portableapps.com/apps

Apache OpenOffice Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

Your files are working for me...

Unbenannt.PNG

Top Tags