cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Can I get Mathcad 15 if I buy a Mathcad Prime 3 now?

ptc-5465684
1-Newbie

Can I get Mathcad 15 if I buy a Mathcad Prime 3 now?

I'm taking a school course which uses Mathcad, and most of the materials were made by Mathcad 15. I heard previously people were having trouble using Prime 2.0 during the course, and they switched to Mathcad 15 using the same licence or something. So what about Prime 3? Can I have access to Mathcad 15 if I buy a Mathcad Prime 3 now?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

In order to convert older documents to Prime, a copy of version 15 is required. PTC issues a license for both 15 and Prime 3 when you buy Prime. So, yes, you get a full version of 15 when you buy Prime. (Sort of like buying the tail and getting the dog for free!)

I have many calculations using mathcad 15. I also have Mathcad prime 3 on another computer. How do I save calculations of mathcad 15 so that Prime 3.0 can open them?

You need Prime3 and Mathcad 15 to be installed on the same machine to be able to to use the converter and convert MC15 files to Prime format. Be prepared that this undertaking will work painlessly for rather basic sheets only as Prime still lacks a lot of features we are used from MC15 and below.

I just installed the academic version of Prime 3.0, and when I wnet to find MC15, I could not find it in the new installation or on the source DVD.

How does one go about getting a licensed copy MC15 to go with Prime 3.0?

JohnWarhus
4-Participant
(To:JohnWarhus)

I found the answer hidden in the documentation files.

Download the trial version of MC15 and use the Prime 3.0 license to activate.

Mathcad 15.0 30-day free trial download: http://www.ptc.com/products/mathcad/mathcad-15-0/free-trial.htm

Top Tags