cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can anyone help me to solve this problem,

ptc-6561582
1-Newbie

Can anyone help me to solve this problem,

Hi all,

I tried to use two equations to solve two unknowns, but it said cannot find answer because needing at least two arguments that is applied to 1.

I don't understand what that means. I have attached the worksheet and looking forward to hearing your solutions.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your sheet was using the function In() function, not ln(). Mathcad won't evaluate In(A/D), that function requires two inputs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The function In() requires two arguments, you supplied one (A/D). Change to In(A,D), and your sheet calculates.

Many thanks for your replying, I tired to change to In(A,D) like you said it did calculate.

But it seems the answer calculated is slightly different due to In(A/D) and In(A,D) have a different meaning.

What do you think?

Your sheet was using the function In() function, not ln(). Mathcad won't evaluate In(A/D), that function requires two inputs.

Appreciate your help, I saw I typed the wrong capital. Again, Many thanks

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-6561582)

You had the modified second order Bessel function, not the natural log.

Please don't post the same question twice. I just answered on the other thread, only to find Fred had already answered on this one.

Top Tags