cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Can somebody help me to convert this file to mcdx file type?

ptc-4364973
1-Newbie

Can somebody help me to convert this file to mcdx file type?

Can somebody help me to convert this file to MathCad 1.0 Prime file type?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

14 REPLIES 14
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4364973)

Why can you not convert it?

Mike

Because I am testing a trial version of MadCad Prime 1.0, which comes without this option.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Try the attached.

Mike

Thanks Mike, but it says that "this type of file is not supported" ?????????

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Thought that might be the case because I only have Prime 2.0 on this machine.

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

If you don't mind me asking, why exactly do you want the worksheet in Prime. I have just converted it and it looks untidy and the solve blocks have errors.

Mike

I have used MathCad 14 before, thus I was planning to buy the new Prime version. But if it is having troubles, I will try to buy the 14 version, because I have a lot ot files from the old version that I need to use.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Prime is the future of Mathcad, but has a long way to go before it has all the features that M15 & M14 has.

Saying that, if you purchase Mathcad Prime 1.0, you get a copy of Mathcad 15 free. Might be worthwhile because that way you also get to see PTC's new product and familiarize yourself with it.

Mike

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I will try to buy the 14 version

The current version is 15, but that will run all your 14 files fine,

because I have a lot ot files from the old version that I need to use.

If you have a lot of files written in version 14 there is a very good chance that some (and possibly many) of them will not work in Prime, even after conversion. It may be possible to fix some of them, but it's also possible that some cannot be fixed. Currently Prime is missing too many features (that applies to Prime 2.0, not just 1.0)

This one seems to work in Prime 1.0

Regards

Andy

Thanks !

You can find Mathcad 15.0 30-Day Free Trial here: http://www.ptc.com/products/mathcad/mathcad-15-0/free-trial.htm

It was the final solution. Thanks

No problem.

Top Tags