cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Can someone help me?

jalvarez-2
1-Newbie

Can someone help me?

Hi guys,

I keep getting an error on a formula, but the formula is just from one of my textbooks, so there isn't much I can change.

I am wondering why mathcad keep giving me this error.

See attachment

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The units are inconsistent in the equation.  It's physically impossible to add Length^-0.5, Length^-1, and Length^-2.

Your equation is likely empirical where L.tot is expected to be a certain unit.  Assuming that L.tot is expected to be in meters, and a.0 is supposed to be unitless, you can modify the equation like this:

which can also be re-written as:

If a.0 is expected to have units, just multiply the whole equation by those units.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The units are inconsistent in the equation.  It's physically impossible to add Length^-0.5, Length^-1, and Length^-2.

Your equation is likely empirical where L.tot is expected to be a certain unit.  Assuming that L.tot is expected to be in meters, and a.0 is supposed to be unitless, you can modify the equation like this:

which can also be re-written as:

If a.0 is expected to have units, just multiply the whole equation by those units.

Top Tags