cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Can someone help with the Find(x) function?

dhanson-2
1-Newbie

Can someone help with the Find(x) function?

I have attached a pdf file with an explanation of what I am trying to accomplish.  The Mathcad file attached can be edited as needed.

4 REPLIES 4
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:dhanson-2)

Hi Derek!

I give you some advice:

errore scalare diviso vettore.jpg

F.M.

In the attached file I have prepared a revised format as you described.  However I am still not getting the values I would expect based on the individual calculations.  Can you look at the attached file and answer the highlighted question at the end of the first page?

Thanks,

Derek

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:dhanson-2)

But in the original file, you gave L = 0.3gal!?!? Now thou hast changed to L = 78in?!?!

So what is the unit of L? However, L is not used in the entire worksheet.

Here below is a photo of the original file with the changes I had made.

errore scalare diviso vettore 1.jpg

errore scalare diviso vettore 2 .jpg

This is my opinion. I would like to know also the one of other people from the community. Let's wait for a while.

One of the things that Mathcad used to be very fussy about was what was allowed inside a "Given/Find" area.  (Prime draws a box!)

It used to be that defining variables and functions (var := 12, or F(x) := 3*x) would confuse a solve block terribly;  a defined guess before the Given, then only constrains, then Find() was the required format.  Obviously, from your sheet, this has relaxed significantly in version 15.

That said, solve blocks and vectors are still a hit-or-miss proposition; sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  And the error messages are useless.

Top Tags