cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Can't insert table in MathCad

ptc-5474741
1-Newbie

Can't insert table in MathCad

When i right click -> Insert -> Table, NOTHING happens. Nothing at all. Also nothing when i use the Insert -> Data -> table. This happens whether i open a blank document or in the middle of a document.

I'm running Mathcad 15.0 (M010 [MC15_M010_20110622]) on Windows 8.1 with my schools license. I have tried compatibility mode for Windows 7, XPSP2 and XPSP3 and i have tried administration rights. My classmates can it to work though. (they run same MathCad but differnet Windows (not 8.1)). I have tried reinstalling mathcad several times. Nothing changes.
I should mention that under the installation there is around 15 error messages that i can not get around (have to click ignore) because i have windows 8 and Mathcad does not support newer OS.

How can i fix this without installing different Windows?

7 REPLIES 7

I have Mathcad 15 M020 with Windowd 8.1 - all is ok with the table insert.

Are you working in a text region, as I think it does not allow you to insert with that region, but should work outside though..

You are beating a dead horse 😉

The thread is more than 7 years old and it can be assumed that the questioner has already solved his problem in the meantime or is no longer interested.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:VL_9773809)

(This is a strange starting place/thread to ask this kind of question...)

Mathcad (and Prime) is a great tool to document your calculations. The equations and their results after evaluation are easily reviewable for any reader (if you take care in correctly providing the information). A very big plus with respect to Excel is that it handles units.

Mathcad/Prime is relatively easy to learn (compared to Mathematica and Maple) but that may be a matter of taste.

Note that mathcad has a long history: Mathcad 1 was released in the 80's, presently it is at Mathcad 15, for which development was stopped a couple of years ago. Since about over 10 years, after PTC took over MathSoft, mathcad Prime exists, which is at Prime 7, the one you are now probably experimenting with. Long time users of Mathcad are not always very positive about Prime, As it (still !!) lacks certain features that Mathcad has. But it works, and there are a few features that Prime brings and Mathcad never got, like mixed units in arrays, and there is a free edition (Express Prime) that will read also sheets created in Full Prime, but lacks certain features (combo-boxes, symbolics, programming to name a few).

It has, no doubt, taken you some time to get proficient in Excel, it will take you some time to get proficient in Mathcad/Prime. I'd suggest you start by taking the equations from one of your excel sheets and build them in Prime. If you run into trouble, ask questions in this forum. You'll generally get an answer quickly.

Success!
Luc

@LucMeekes 

I guess you answered to a SPAM posting which I reported and which was deleted in the meantime 😉

It happens from time to time here that a SPAM posting is placed with a text that looks innocent or even appropriate on first sight. Usually there is a SPAM link at the end of that kind postings which is often only added later after a while (maybe to trick any kind of moderation).

In case of the posting you answered to, the text was copied from here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/civilengineering/comments/9t1bx2/mathcad_or_excel_for_design_and/

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Yep, guess you're right. The link already looked suspicious.

😔

Top Tags