cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Can't make copy of text

ptc-4568630
1-Newbie

Can't make copy of text

I can't make copy for text on Mathcad file. The version is 14.0 M030. After I select the text, then click COPY, always show the error "An unknown error occurred while accessing an unnamed file". I restarted my computer, but error still there. I openned another old file. There is no problem to make copy. What's the problem? Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
FDS
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:ptc-4568630)

Using MC 15 I have no problem printing the file. Try to repair your MC. Go to control panel right click MC and choose repair.

Good luck

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4568630)

I have Mathcad 14 on this laptop and getting the same error message. Maybe desomer can resave the file in M15 and see if that helps.

Or if he has time he could copy and paste the work into a new worksheet and save. If not, I'll have a try on Monday.

Mike

I also don't see the problem. Here's a version resaved from MC15.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

I still get the error message in the file you uploaded.

Mike

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:RichardJ)

Very strange. Today, I do see the problem. I get the error when I try to copy any region, text or math.

I get same error in M15,
But I can save in M11 and the problem goes away.
Then cut and past the whole sheet into a new M15 file, and it's fine.

DAVID LI wrote:

... I openned another old file. There is no problem to make copy...

Can you upload this file?

I tested both files (also the file attached by Richard). In both cases, when trying to copy the entire worksheet into new one there is one and the same error (I use Mathcad 15 M010😞

Pic_1.png

The solution - to save the instant file in ".mcd" format for Mathcad 11 or 12 and then work with it.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Well done Vladimir, this works.

Mike

Mike,

Here is another solution. In the worksheet unit system set as "None". And when I changed unit system on "SI" (which used by default when you create a new worksheet) then I can copy and paste any text/math region into a new worksheet:

Pic_1.png

wayne
3-Visitor

But, as I previously indicated,

you can then copy form M11 and past back into a M15 sheet, and it works.

I converted this file (just for testing) for Mathcad Prime 2.0 and everything in the document is normally copied.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

He hasn't stated he's got Prime though .

Mike

Top Tags