cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Can't see your sheet, but...

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Can't see your sheet, but...

Well, I could not, for a long time, view Mathcad 14 and 15 sheets. Unitil now.

For those of you who are in the same position: see attachment. Download, unpack, and execute it.

Yes, it's an .exe file. But go ahead and, before use, test it for viruses to ascertain it contains none.

I did not put any in, so please tell me if you find any.

On small sheet files it runs quickly, but larger files take time (seconds, minutes, tens of minutes). You'll just have to be patient sometimes.

Oh, and it does have bugs (couldn't name you one now, but I'm sure they are in there),

and things it can't do (yet...). It's a start, so far. (There's an 'info' text that you can double-click in the bottom-left corner)

But most of all, enjoy it.

Luc

11 REPLIES 11

Just tested, it works fine 😉.

Abdelazeem
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

hank you indeed vladimir I open it but I cant open it in the Mathcad I just show what is in the file , is there any method to open it .

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

Updated.

- Will now handle compressed sheet files (.xmcdz).

- Better feedback in the process, and afterwards.

Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Updated.

- Will now handle Prime sheets to inform the Prime version it was created with (= the least version required to open it.)

- Improved feedback in the process of handling Mathcad 13...15 sheet files.

To handle Prime files a couple of DLL's are now required. They are contained in the .ZIP file.

Installation: Unzip the contents (1 .EXE and 3 .DLL files) to your directory of choice and enjoy.

Luc

GD_10867808
4-Participant

Dear LucMeekes, 

Thanks a lot for developing this small application that opens old MathCad files. In my case I have some old MathCads worksheets with many useful calculations I want to retrieve. However, the collapsed regions are not possible to be opened and in most cases the key information is lost. Also, the error of region "Found a region tag named 'reference', please report" avoids opening the entire document.

Any new update of your fantastic program?

A million thanks!

G.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:GD_10867808)

Can you post the worksheet file that caused the message?

(Or send it via private message...)

Luc

GD_10867808
4-Participant

I will send it in private. Thanks!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:GD_10867808)

I did not get the message with your file; are you sure you used the latest, updated version of the app?

Success!
Luc

h-man
3-Visitor

Hello Luc,

I have the same problem with collapsed areas. I used the version from Feb. 2nd 2020.

Please see attached file...
It would be great if you could hava a look.

Thanks

Holger

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:h-man)

The sheetview app simply shows all there is to show in that file. It contains a region containing "Test", and it contains an area named "Test".

That region may be above the area (as shown), or inside it.

(Manual) inspection of the xmcd file reveals that it's a text region containing "Test" residing inside an area named "Test".

The position information for items enclosed in an area is relative to the start of the area. As the (vertical) size of an area is unknown, the sheetview app is not equipped to handle this other than treating all positions of any regions (whether within or outside of an area) relative to the start of the worksheet.

Success!
Luc

P.S. I used Prime's xmcd to html converter on the file, and after opening the file in Firefox it showed:

LucMeekes_0-1705445389611.png

(i.e. nothing, not even a hint that there is an area in the file.)

The file converted to Prime is attached. It does show the area.

Abdelazeem
6-Contributor

Thank you indeed for your help

Top Tags