cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Cannot get license for Mathcad 15

regcurry
13-Aquamarine

Cannot get license for Mathcad 15

Upgraded computer to Windows 10 and now cannot get Mathcad 15 to install with my product code.  Your website for license management wants a Host ID and I have no idea what that is.  Why does PTC make life so difficult.

Can you refund my money since i cannot install Mathcad 15 student edition on my computer now that it is upgraded to Windows 10.

Reg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
regcurry
13-Aquamarine
(To:VipulT)

I have installed it both ways (license and Product Code).  They both show the following when I click on Help>About Mathcad.  So I was not sure I had a permanent installation.  As of just a few minutes ago, your support staff assures me that I do indeed have a licensed,permanent installation.

Thanks for your help.

12055E5D-E75F-4592-B74B-DC89AEC9AEE4.jpeg

Reg

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:regcurry)

No refunds! LOL

run ipconfig/all from command prompt to get your hostid

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : E4-53-E6-61-5C-F2

This should be what you need to provide PTC to get your license. (Not my real NIC address)

Why are you still using an outdated version of MathCAD?

regcurry
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

Is that the same as my MAC address?

I don't think MATHCAD 15 is outdated and I certainly would not sen good money after bad with PTC.🤪
Reg
regcurry
13-Aquamarine
(To:regcurry)

I got an email from the forum asking if this solved my problem.  THE ANSWER IS NO!

Reg

@regcurry

As you already mentioned you have a product code for student edition there is no need to look for Mac address. 

Kindly browse to the following installation location (It may vary as per you installation location)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\mclicense > Run mclicense.exe > Select > I want to acquire a license via the internet > Next

Select the purchase of the license (in your case Educational- Student) > Enter product Code > Select Next > complete the license setup.

Kindly confirm if this helps. 

Regards,

Vipul

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

@VipulT 

So you are saying that a Educational-Student product code is valid for multiple installations?
As far as I knew so far it would only be accepted for one single installation only - but maybe things have changed. As @regcurry  wrote he already used up his product code in the past and is now trying to reinstall the program again on an upgraded machine.

regcurry
13-Aquamarine
(To:Werner_E)

No so friend.  When I purchased it  I was told I had a permanent license and could install it on an upgraded PC or a new PC.  Also, PTC must agree because they are trying to help.  And no it's not multiple installations.  I bought it for one PC at a time.

Reg

@regcurry wrote:

No so friend.  When I purchased it  I was told I had a permanent license and could install it on an upgraded PC or a new PC.  Also, PTC must agree because they are trying to help.  And no it's not multiple installations.  I bought it for one PC at a time.

That may all be, but as I knew it, a edu product code would be valid for ONE installation only (unless it has changed in the meantime). This means that you would be unable to install the software a second time, neither on another, nor on the same machine (even though you are entitled to do so). The usual advice is, that if you have to reinstall the OS on a machine and therefore need to reinstall Mathcad, you should save your license file as you can use it for the new installation on the same machine. Otherwise PTC has to create a new license file for you.

You have running multiple threads here concerning your very same problem. In one of them you mentioned, that you already got a new license file from PTC and managed to install Mathcad. So the actual problems seems to be that you don't see your name in the about window (which I would consider a minor problem) and that you don't can use the help system (which is a major problem and should be something PTC support should be able to help).

@regcurry, Please create a case with PTC to get the desired license file. To know the host id of your machine follow the below steps.

Click Start > Run > type cmd > OK
Run Windows command ipconfig /all
Computer's physical address is value of "Physical address" field under Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection

OR

Click Start > Run > type cmd > OK
Type getmac
Physical address get listed

regcurry
13-Aquamarine

I have installed it both ways (license and Product Code).  They both show the following when I click on Help>About Mathcad.  So I was not sure I had a permanent installation.  As of just a few minutes ago, your support staff assures me that I do indeed have a licensed,permanent installation.

Thanks for your help.

12055E5D-E75F-4592-B74B-DC89AEC9AEE4.jpeg

Reg
Top Tags