cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Cannot show custom Units on results in Mathcad Prime 3.0

KN
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Cannot show custom Units on results in Mathcad Prime 3.0

I am using a 30-day trial of Mathcad Prime 3.0 to compare with Mathcad 15. Right away, I am having issues with displaying units on the calculated results.

Mathcad 15 is shown below where I inserted in the "nJ" so that I see the more convenient units.

mathcad15nJ.PNG

Here, the same math is written in Mathcad Prime 3.0, but I get an error when I tried to type in nJ. I have tried many methods, but I can't get it to show nJ for some reasons. How do I get it to show nJ instead? I use this feature heavily, so being unable to show nJ (or any other units of choice) is a showstopper.

mathcadprime3nJ.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:KN)

When you define uH and nJ you have to label them as units to make it work in Prime, too.

BTW, you know you can use Greek letters as well? Same way in Prime and Mathcad.

type m and then Ctrl-G and you get the Greek "my". I would prefer it over the u you used which stems from pre PC times and also had to be used in early wordprocessors with no support for "special" characters. And microHenry are built in Mathcad and Prime anway, you won't have to define them yourself.

Top Tags