cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Cell counting

ptc-5743339
1-Newbie

Cell counting

Hi!

I'm trying to develop a program wich can count the number of cells contained in the following image:

globules.jpg

For such a task, I need to find the perfect values for the canny function in order to performing a succesfull "reg_grow" wich "paints" each of the cells as a white circle and then the task of counting those white circle is easy.

So, here is my attemp: Some of the cells are succesfully colored, but other ones still being without coloring.

Dibujo.bmp

I really hope that this would be a matter of the values in the canny and reg_grow functions rather than a problem with the image itself.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

I hought the goal was people counting?

Did you look at the last post here; http://communities.ptc.com/message/237229#237229 ?

Yes, I've seen that post and was extremelly helpfull.

That program was that helpfull that my company wants me to use it in a lot of different examples, different from people counting, such as this...

I can't think of any automatic procedure giving you what you want for any pic. But then I'm not that well versed with image processing.

Top Tags