cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Change sheet color when certain limits are not met or exceeded

ptc-4260912
1-Newbie

Change sheet color when certain limits are not met or exceeded

Hello,

i have somewhat of a big mathcadsheet. the Variables are at the top of the sheet, and the results are at the bottom of the sheet. To get to the bottom of the sheet, i have to scroll a lot to see if the results are okay or not. i have inserted many areas.

1) Is it possible to insert areas within one area in Mathcad14?

2) Is there anything in Mathcad14 that will possibly make the sheet color change if certain conditions ( results at the bottom of sheet) are not met . By doing this i know while i am still at the top of the sheet that the results at the bottom are not acceptable? or anyother idea that you could think of

Thanks to all helpers!!

9 REPLIES 9

You can create a hyperlink (or links) to jump to the end (or various sections), see help

Thanks Wayne!

i tagged the region at the bottom of the sheet as "Finalresults". At the top of the sheet where my variable is i am trying to create a link to the tagged region "Finalresults".what do you put in "Link to file or URL" since it is within the same sheet?

Thanks Wayne!

i tagged the region at the bottom of the sheet as "Finalresults". At the top of the sheet where my variable is i am trying to create a link to the tagged region "Finalresults".what do you put in "Link to file or URL" since it is within the same sheet?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4260912)

Have a look at the attached worksheet. A scripted component is used for conditional formatting.

Mike

You can hyperlink to regions also.

You must add region tags, but it's not hard. Please refer to the User's Guide under Help.

Section in Chapter 7, "Creating Hyperlinks from Region to Region"

Also, If you just need back and forth from the start to end, you could just use ctrl+home and ctrl+end. But if doing for other users, it's not a cool.

Hello Sam,

here's a sheet with a solution I'm using

Cheers

Raiko

P.S.

Forgot the file. Here it is in MC 15

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Raiko)

Nice example Raiko, but there's no conditional statement where the colour changes.

Mike

Hello Mike

How so? The textbox changes colour on the evaluation of a computation result. If the result is less than 1 than it remains white otherwise it turns yellow.

Change b from 111 to 88 and you'll see.

Raiko

P.S.

There is still this glitch on the web-page that claims that an error occured whilst processing and if you resubmit you'll end up with tons of identical messages!!!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Raiko)

It doesn't seem to be working on my machine, but then again I've been having a few weird issues today.

P.S.

There is still this glitch on the web-page that claims that an error occured whilst processing and if you resubmit you'll end up with tons of identical messages!!!

It doesn't seem to happen when I use the advanced editor though.

Mike

Top Tags