cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Changing results font?

Thanos_of_MW
1-Newbie

Changing results font?

Hello,

I am new at Mathcad and I am using version 14 at College. Is there a way to reduce the size of the font used to display results? I already changed ALL the styles to smaller fonts and sizes (I need to fit more on paper) and tables of numbers and other numeric results still display with a very large font. Is there a hidden setting or something not obvious on the menus that changes this font? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Juan,

There's a much simpler way to fix the fonts in result tables. Right-click, on one of the cells in your result table, and choose properties. You'll see a dialog box with a font button. Choose the font button and you can choose the font and size.

That will apply to the entire table. I fixed your first 3 tables.

Mona

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I am new at Mathcad and I am using version 14 at College. Is there a way to reduce the size of the font used to display results? I already changed ALL the styles to smaller fonts and sizes (I need to fit more on paper) and tables of numbers and other numeric results still display with a very large font. Is there a hidden setting or something not obvious on the menus that changes this font? Thank you.

Hi Juan,

It would be helpful if you could post a worksheet rather than, or in addition to, a pdf file. That way people can see what you've actually done and look for any anomalies in a worksheet that the author may have missed.

I don't know what M14 does, but in M15 double-clicking on the numbers then choosing 'matrix' from the 'Display Options','matrix display style' tab allows the results to be affected by changes to the 'Constants' equation style.

Stuart

Thank you Stuart, but I tried that and 14 doesn't have that option. I'll attach a sample file just in case. I have to try Valery's answer and I'll post back.

Juan,

Mathcad 15 does have the option Stuart described. If you double-click on a number in your table, the Result Format dialog opens up. Then choose the Display Options tab. Under Matrix display style, choose Matrix ,and the constants font that you have for the other constants in your worksheet will apply. Your results are currently displaying in a result table, rather than a matrix.

If you want to affect the display of the matrix, you can right-click on one of the numbers, and see Alignment as one of the choices. You can choose to have matrix display from the center or go down or up.

Mona

Juan Bravo wrote:

Hello,

Juan!

You can open with help NotePad for example the (your or your College) file ..\Program Files\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\template\..\Normal.xmct, change in the file what you need (constants size for example - see the picture) and save the file.

After this editing you have in new empty Mathcad-sheet new font size of results.

You can save the normat.xmct file with new name and have your custom template.

Try please!

My students have same own file (and others for physic, chemistry etc labs) on a flash and open its when they need (on not own computers).

PS We can do it only in Mathcad 12-15 and Prime.

MathStyle.png

Thanks Valery. I'll give this a try and post back.

Juan,

There's a much simpler way to fix the fonts in result tables. Right-click, on one of the cells in your result table, and choose properties. You'll see a dialog box with a font button. Choose the font button and you can choose the font and size.

That will apply to the entire table. I fixed your first 3 tables.

Mona

Thank you Mona, this is it!

I did as you said. I will definitely use this now to change the size of the font in the tables. My teacher is big oin using them and they usually take a lot of space, which is why I wanted to be able to control the font size.

Thank you very much!

Juan

Top Tags