cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Clipboard Workflow

Efried
1-Newbie

Clipboard Workflow

Hello,

since yesterday my workflow broke down. Copying from Mathcad 14 to LibreOffice results in erroneous results when inserting as metafile. Parentheses and numbers are wildly arranged and differ in size.

The solution now is to copy it to Word - inserting as "graphic" and then copy this to libreoffice. Any hints how to do that better - the way via pdf has not worked out forme and takes addional steps. here another error is embedded in Mathcad 14 - the pdf shows empty pages till the ony e to show and not only the selection it should print.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Efried)

A little more information will be needed to try and find the optimum solution.

• Why are you inserting Mathcad regions into LibreOffice?
  • What input formats does LibreOffice accept?

Mike

Hello, now I have to come back to the problem. Meanwhile I switched to the latest MS Word. The problem remains. Inserting Mathcad parts via the clipboard into Word as Enhanced Metafile results in two problems at least:

• position of parts of equations are crude, mainly in relation to the dividing line of a fraction
  • non solid lines are supressed in normal 2D graphics, while in contour plots it works

see the attached pdf!

I'm still reluctant to switch to Prime2.0 but this might be an argument?

thanks

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Efried)

In Prime 2 you can't copy and paste an expression to Word at all.

Top Tags