cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Code Interpretation

HHHH
9-Granite

Code Interpretation

Appreciate if anyone tells me what the code in the attached image mathematically means?

code interpretation.PNG

Thanks in Advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

"Pp" is the start value in Pascals

"Sigma min" is the stop value in Pascals and is higher value than "Pp".

This means an interval of "Sigma min" minus "Pp" exists.

Interval is broken into "n" subdivisions. A vector "Pw" is made n+1 entries from 0 to 1000. "j" is used to iterate across the values of "Pw"

At j=0 the value "Pw" is "Pp"

At j=n the value "Pw" is "Sigma min"

Starting at j=0 "j" is increased one step at a time until j=n meaning the stress "Pw" goes slowly from "Pp" to "Sigma min"

Calculations on "Pw" are carried out one increasing value at a time until a test is reached and the loop breaks reporting the value of "Pw" at that time.

"Pw Mohr" is a matrix.  The value "Pw" arrived at in the iteration above is placed in the matrix "Pw Mohr" at the "i"th row and the "k"th column. "i" and "k" are range variables defined earlier.  The iteration for "Pw" is performed for each "i" and "k" automatically getting a different "Pw" each time.

Example:->

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

"Pp" is the start value in Pascals

"Sigma min" is the stop value in Pascals and is higher value than "Pp".

This means an interval of "Sigma min" minus "Pp" exists.

Interval is broken into "n" subdivisions. A vector "Pw" is made n+1 entries from 0 to 1000. "j" is used to iterate across the values of "Pw"

At j=0 the value "Pw" is "Pp"

At j=n the value "Pw" is "Sigma min"

Starting at j=0 "j" is increased one step at a time until j=n meaning the stress "Pw" goes slowly from "Pp" to "Sigma min"

Calculations on "Pw" are carried out one increasing value at a time until a test is reached and the loop breaks reporting the value of "Pw" at that time.

"Pw Mohr" is a matrix.  The value "Pw" arrived at in the iteration above is placed in the matrix "Pw Mohr" at the "i"th row and the "k"th column. "i" and "k" are range variables defined earlier.  The iteration for "Pw" is performed for each "i" and "k" automatically getting a different "Pw" each time.

Example:->

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags