cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collapsible Areas: A Mathcad Prime 2.0 Feature We DON’T Want to Conceal!

Highlighted

Collapsible Areas: A Mathcad Prime 2.0 Feature We DON’T Want to Conceal!

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday! Well, it's that time again. We have a new blog post in the Mathcad Prime 2.0 blog series! Today's post is called "Collapsible Areas: A Mathcad Prime 2.0 Feature we DON'T Want to Conceal!" This post is all about what Collapsible Areas are, how they can be used, and how you can interact with them. Here is a brief excerpt:

"Collapsible Areas get their name, because you can collapse the content within them and “hide” it from view. You do this by pressing the minus sign on the left. You can always reopen the area to view and share the hidden content by pressing the plus sign that appears when the area is collapsed. Below is an example of what the open and closed Collapsed Areas look like together.

Note the plus and minus signs indicating whether an Area is open or closed. You can create labels to mark the Areas or simply leave them blank. You can always see if there is a Collapsed Area in a worksheet by the prominent horizontal line and the plus sign that appears on the left-hand side of the worksheet."

Check out the entire blog post here! Also, if you haven't already, check out this short blog on PlanetPTC Community! Comment about your favorite LearningExchange video, and have the chance to win a fun prize!

Enjoy,

Anna

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Collapsible Areas: A Mathcad Prime 2.0 Feature We DON’T Want to Conceal!

This isn't really an improvement though is it. We had these in Mathcad 15.

Mike

That is correct, Mathcad 15.0 did have collapsible areas as well. Mathcad Prime 1.0 however, does not have this feature so it is brand new to Mathcad Prime. I see this as an example of Mathcad Prime 2.0 adding back some of the existing features and capabilities that earlier versions of Mathcad had, as a result of customer feedback.

Hi Anna.

Can we have in Mathcad Prime 2.0 areas in an area?

We can do so with some problems im regular Mathcad:

AAArea.png

Valery,

There may be a workaround that you discovered, but areas within areas is not a supported feature of earlier versions of Mathcad.

Mona

Mona Zeftel wrote:

Valery,

There may be a workaround that you discovered, but areas within areas is not a supported feature of earlier versions of Mathcad.

Mona

We can not create an area in the created area but we can create a new area not far from one old area and move the new area into the old area. Try please.

It vwll be good to have this nested area in Mathcad Prime! Mathcad Prime Minister has this wery useful tool

Sorry,

can we lock areas in Mathcad Prime?

Locking areas will not be a feature of Mathcad Prime 2.0.

Sorry,

Mona

I've done this too, but I ran into some nasty problems afterwards. I forget exactly what they were, but they were nasty enough that I stopped doing it!

Mona sorry!

But PTC makes every effort to allow users said, "Mathcad Prime is a step back"