cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Color Scheme for 3D Plot in Prime 3.0

mfrench
12-Amethyst

Color Scheme for 3D Plot in Prime 3.0

Hi Folks,

I got a question from a student who downloaded Prime 3.0 and is learning how to use it. Is it possible to use the color scheme on a 3D plot? This is the feature that color codes the z-axis values. We use this feature all the time in class on Mathcad 15, but it doesn't look like this is possible in Prime 3.0. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

Mark French wrote:

Hi Folks,

I got a question from a student who downloaded Prime 3.0 and is learning how to use it. Is it possible to use the color scheme on a 3D plot? This is the feature that color codes the z-axis values. We use this feature all the time in class on Mathcad 15, but it doesn't look like this is possible in Prime 3.0. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Prime's 2D-plot capabilities are mediocre and its 3D-plot is rather a joke than a serious attempt compared to what Mathcad offers and Mathcads 3Dplots sure are not state of the art either.

So, no, you are not missing something. This feature simply is not implemented in Prime.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mfrench)

3D plots in Prime are grossly inadequate. If you can't figure out how to do something, that's because it can't be done.

Top Tags