cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Colour between curves

Jbryant61
4-Participant

Colour between curves

Please could someone show how to colour beteeen two curves.

see attached.

thanks

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is a modified sheet

Hatch routine is basically the same, but shorter and I show a way to use it with a small data matrix utilizing your FIT() function.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

There is nothing built in, you would have to write your own routine to do so.

You might want to have a look at Prof. Birkeland's work here

http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-3380

Jbryant61
4-Participant
(To:Jbryant61)

Ive managed to work out how to find the solution, but not yet do the shading.

Jason

Crude method attached.

Alan

In MathCad 15 if you set up consecutive traces , you can colour an area (see attached)

Capture.PNG

right click on the graph to bring up a pop-up menu , choose format.

On the next menu choose the traces tab & there are many formats you can set for the traces.

in this case setting error on traces 1 & 2.

Regards

Andy

To limit the shading to the region where the difference between the two functions is greater than a given threshold would require some additional work. One way would be to determine which range of ordinate values the shading should be applied to and limit the first two functions in your plot to that range via a range variable. This is not atomatic and would not work if there are multiple ranges, though.

Also we have tabled functions here with a rather great stepwidth, so we would get four discrete vertical bars only.

But I assume this is a testcase only and that the real application would deal with a much more comprehensive data set with smaller steps.

Assuming that I include a worksheet which seems to do what the poster demands.

Hatch.png

Here is a modified sheet

Hatch routine is basically the same, but shorter and I show a way to use it with a small data matrix utilizing your FIT() function.

Jbryant61
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

How would you modify the DOTS function to work with my FIT() fucntion, i.e so the area between the curves was shaded with dots?

Thanks

Jason

Jason Bryant wrote:

How would you modify the DOTS function to work with my FIT() fucntion, i.e so the area between the curves was shaded with dots?

Thanks

Jason

Not sure what you mean -I don't see a function DOTS() in your sheet!?

If you like dots, simply change the line style of the trace.

I have used error bars to fill the space between curves.

Fred Kohlhepp wrote:

I have used error bars to fill the space between curves.

Thats what Andy suggested above (http://communities.ptc.com/message/205905#205905)

Doing it only on a selected range as demanded would require some additional work, though.

So for whatever its worth here's another version which allows marking the begin and end of the ranges of interest.

hatch2.png

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

I have only just came across this thread. superb work guys.

Ahhh! Thats the thread I was searching and had in mind when in another thread someone recently asked how to shade the area between two curves. I'll link it here.

Top Tags