cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Column Base Plate Desing with moment

mesipa
1-Newbie

Column Base Plate Desing with moment

Can any folks share worksheet with ASD: Steel Base Plate Design with moment.

I appreciate your help very much in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Please see www.structuralanalysismcad.com

This is a new web page site dedicated to solving Structural Engineering problems in Mathcad 15.

Currently there are four files available to buy at low cost. The base plate problem is one of them.

Matrix Method: This is a general purpose 2D Frame analysis sheet for any type of structure. We recommend 10 to 20 nodes max but number of nodes is only limited by memory in your computer. There are templates for rigid frames (multi bays), continuous beams, and any type of plane frame structure. Coming soon will be laterally loaded pile template. There are great graphics using MCAD's standard plot capability

Fixed Base Plate with multiple rows of anchor bolts: This sheet automatically solves for the Anchor Bolt Tension and base plate thickness. Great for keeping base plate thickness to a minimum when using expensive stainless steel and etc. Graphics show intensity fo AB tension and concrete bearing stress

ACI 318-08 Appendix D Anchor Bolt Design: This sheet automatically check AB's for the ACI method for both cast in place and post installed anchors. Graphcs show location of AB's abd forces applied.

Wind Load on a Pole (sign): This sheet calculates the total wind force and moment at any point along a pole with or without signs. It also automatically calculates the moment and shear at the base and at all changes in diameter. Any reasonable number of pole diameters and signs may be input. This sheet can be easily revised to compute the same moment and shear for buildings. Great graphics to see sign and loads in scale. Dynamics is not included at this time.

There are videos for each sheet that demonstrarte how each sheet works posted on this site.

Contact us at sales@structuralanalysismcad.com

Hope this helps you.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:mesipa)

Hi,

Perhaps a database of worksheets from Knovel will help you: "5.4 Steel Column Base Plates".

Hello, VladimirN

Thank you for the link.

How should I proceed to retrieve a file MathCad.

I am on Knovel, but I can not retrieve a file.

Cordially.

Denis

Denis Jaunin wrote:

... How should I proceed to retrieve a file MathCad ...

Please see the attachment (worksheet for Mathcad 14/15 version).

Denis Jaunin wrote:

...I am on Knovel, but I can not retrieve a file...

You need to register on this site and buy a subscription.

Hello, VladimirN,

Thank you for your reply and the link.

I actually have a free subscription to some books.

I will do the needful.

Cordially.

Jaunin__

No problem.

Top Tags