cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

ComboBox VBScript error

SteveMackey
1-Newbie

ComboBox VBScript error

I have recently updated my computer to a 64 bit Windows 7 platform. I am now getting an error while using MathCad 14.0 M020 on spread sheets that have worked previously using combo boxes. The error is "Microsoft VBScript runtime error Line16 Error0 Object required: 'ComboBox'". And when I try to insert a Component-Scriptable Object, the Microsoft Forms* selections are not even available as on option. During the initial install of MathCad 14 the .NET Framework prerequisites were not installed from the CD. I have manually installed the .NET Framework 3.5 and the Microsoft Report Viewer which includes the Microsoft Forms. I also upgraded my MSXML 4.0 SP2 to MSXML SP3. I then uninstalled and reinstalled MathCad 14 and am still getting the same error. Has anyone came across this before?

20 REPLIES 20
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:SteveMackey)

I haven't come across this before, but you try contacting the Mathcad License and Install team directly.

Mike

Hi Steve,

Im also encountering your problem, have you figured out the cause? Before i can also run the combo box but when i used windows 7 and mathcad15, its not working anymore. Thanks

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4163643)

What version of M15 have you got?

Mike

Hi Mike,

How to know the version of mathcad im using? Is It this? Mathcad 15.0 (M010 [MC15_M010_20110622])?

When i try to insert a combo box, i can place it on the worksheet but i cannot edit its script because when i right

click on it it says internal error

Thank you

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

When i try to insert a combo box, i can place it on the worksheet but i cannot edit its script because when i right

click on it it says internal error

That's wierd, but as Richard said there might be an issue with the 64 bit o[perating system. I have seen the problem a few times

Mike

I started experiencing problems with other programs and determined I had a registry error. I reformatted my machine, reinstalled the software and the problem went away.

I started experiencing problems with other programs and determined I had a registry error. I reformatted my machine, reinstalled the software and the problem went away.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

There seems to be two threads going on this subject:Object required:'Combobox1'

It looks to me as though the MSForms 2.0 controls, including the Conbobox, and not compatible with the 64 bit OS.

I think so too because i've tried with different laptops all with the same OS, windows7 64 bit still the error occurs. Do you have idea on how to fix it? Thank you very much

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Do you have idea on how to fix it?\

No, sorry. I'm still using XP.

i already figured it out. It requires the full version of MS office in order for the combo box to load. I already installed the full version and was able to run the combobox already.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Cheers for coming back with a solution.

Was you trying the component on a machine without a full version of MS?

Mike

yes, all the laptops i tried only have a starter package for MS word and excel. i've been searching for this solution for a long time already hehe glad was able to pinpoint it. thanks everyone

What version MS Office means and what includes Full Package?

Ramakr56
6-Contributor
(To:RichardJ)

I have two 64 bit system with windows 10 , One of the m can opens all my files with combo box and the other shows up eroor : failed to lunch application ..

i have the same situation between two 64bit windows 7 system!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Ramakr56)

And did you check the installation(s) of MS Office on both PC's, as suggested higher up in this thread?

It seems that you require a full installation of MsOffice in order for the combo-boxes to load...

Success!
Luc

Ramakr56
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

Thanks LucMeekes

Actually here in our office there are 4 station and all of them have the same office,

2 of them have no problem, 2 of them can not open mathCad files with combo boxes...

I have seen somewhere MS net framework and MSXML4 dll files also needs to be updated but I have not checked them accurately yet

Regards

Ramakr56
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

I changed my MS office from 64bit to 32bitversion ( mathCad 15 is a 32bit application) and problem solved

Thanks

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Ramakr56)

Great!

Ramakr56
6-Contributor

Just Change your MS office from 64bit to 32bitversion ( mathCad 15 is a 32bit application)

Ramak

Top Tags