Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments requested

Comments requested

I have eight applications posted on the Collaboratory. The applications are generalized template solutions to repetitive structural analysis and design problems, and are usually designed to document multiple problems in a single document. In general the applications require only minimum input from the user and display the required output directly below the input. The calculations are expressed as user defined functions in programming constructs and are hidden in an embedded document where they may be protected from unintentional alteration. The applications are intended for use by practicing structural engineers. Because the functions must cover all possible combinations within the scope of the document, and the math has been condensed, it is time consuming to follow all the logic of the calculations. If desired, the interested user can display all calculations and intermediate computed variables as in a more typical Mathcad document. The applications were saved as Mathcad Professional Version 8.0 on the Mathcad 2000 Collaboratory, and Professional Version 6.0 or 7.0 on the original Collaboratory.

I am considering developing an ebook following the approach used in the posted applications and would appreciate any comments and suggestions from Collaboratory members who have used any of my posted applications.

Tom Magner
2 REPLIES 2

Comments requested

Well, Tom, I have your published e-book and many of those posted fileand I find them no specially difficult to use in any aspect; of course to follow the logic is something beyond most people mainly due to time required for so doing, and in some other cases due to the specific approach or lack of common reference. Respect occultation-protection, you see I myself use occultation and am less a fan of protection; as long as you have some original stored I don't care much for this. In fact one benefit of posting is increasing the life and use of the work; it can also help to identify problems. So it is obvious that I think that any collection of your works will be great.

So do as you want.

Comments requested

I have the following applications posted on the Mathcad 2000 Collaboratory. These applications can be viewed with Mathcad Explorer, or opened using Mathcad 8.0 Professional or higher.

Reinforcing Bar Development
Eccentric Loads on Fastener Groups
Structural Steel Beam Columns
Strength of Rectangular Reinforced Concrete Column
AISC Specification Calculations
Accessing Mathcad Data Files
Composite Steel Beam Section Properties
Circular Reinforced Concrete Columns

Tom Magner
Announcements